Free Internet radio for USA news - including election news
Add Reply
Jan K.
2024-04-28 14:59:19 UTC
If you are like me, and therefore you are not already using a free Internet
radio broadcast, you won't know the answer to this question - but if you
are already listening to Internet radio - you might be able to help me.

I looked up free Internet radio for Android & iOS that has news.
https://audials.com/en/how-to-record-music/radio-app

There are too many to easily choose from without having tested each one.
Have you already used an Internet radio app for news that you like?

I'm sure most are for music but I don't care about music. Just news.
USA news would be best (election news, for example, as I watch MSNBC).

Do all the Internet news stations require an account to be set up first?
Do any Internet news station NOT require that account to be set up first?

Do all the free apps pop up extra (visual) ads on the device?
Do any of the free apps NOT add (extra) visual ads (on the device)?
[I expect that there are already verbal ads in the radio broadcast.]

In short, do you have a really good free Internet news you'd suggest?
AJL
2024-04-28 15:20:33 UTC
Post by Jan K.
If you are like me, and therefore you are not already using a free Internet
radio broadcast, you won't know the answer to this question - but if you
are already listening to Internet radio - you might be able to help me.
I looked up free Internet radio for Android & iOS that has news.
https://audials.com/en/how-to-record-music/radio-app
There are too many to easily choose from without having tested each one.
Have you already used an Internet radio app for news that you like?
My favorites are Open Radio and iHeartRadio.
Post by Jan K.
I'm sure most are for music but I don't care about music. Just news.
USA news would be best (election news, for example, as I watch MSNBC).
Do all the Internet news stations require an account to be set up first?
Some do and some don't. For the ones I use that do I keep a fake I.D. and
email address.
Post by Jan K.
Do any Internet news station NOT require that account to be set up first?
Do all the free apps pop up extra (visual) ads on the device?
Do any of the free apps NOT add (extra) visual ads (on the device)?
Don't care since I LISTEN to the radio, not watch it...
Post by Jan K.
[I expect that there are already verbal ads in the radio broadcast.]
In short, do you have a really good free Internet news you'd suggest?
I like Bloomberg stations but they're mostly about investing. But not all. I
just finished listening to CBS Sunday Morning. They interviewed Dan Rather.
I hadn't realized he was still alive...
Cameo
Radio.net is pretty good
Chris
2024-04-29 06:44:55 UTC
Post by Jan K.
[...]
BBC sounds? There are a couple of podcasts which focus on US/Election
coverage. Might be interesting to get a foreign perspective.