Connecting phone to laptop
db
2024-03-13 13:20:42 UTC
I have forgotten what I have to do to connect
my ANdroid phone to my laptop (running Kubuntu)
for file transfers one to the other. I connect
them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but
I don't get to see the phone's files, just an empty
window.
What do I have to do for a proper connection?

---
db
Carlos E.R.
2024-03-13 13:34:40 UTC
Post by db
I have forgotten what I have to do to connect
my ANdroid phone to my laptop (running Kubuntu)
for file transfers one to the other. I connect
them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but
I don't get to see the phone's files, just an empty
window.
What do I have to do for a proper connection?
On the phone there will be a notification that asks what to do with the
USB cable. One of the options will be "transfer files". Use it.
Cheers, Carlos.
MajorLanGod
2024-03-13 16:49:00 UTC
Post by db
I have forgotten what I have to do to connect
my ANdroid phone to my laptop (running Kubuntu)
for file transfers one to the other. I connect
them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but
I don't get to see the phone's files, just an empty
window.
What do I have to do for a proper connection?
---
db
My phone uses Android, but I have to turn on share files when I firt
connect it to my Windows laptop. Check your settings.
db
2024-03-16 14:48:53 UTC
I have forgotten what I have to do to connect my ANdroid phone to my
laptop (running Kubuntu) for file transfers one to the other. I connect
them with a USB cable, and Linux says "open", but I don't get to see the
phone's files, just an empty window.
What do I have to do for a proper connection?
---
db
Thanks for your suggestions, which didn't work. One
way I can move files to the phone is through Dropbox,
which is on the screen. I have Termux and would like
to move a file (an mp3) to the folder called music/
But Termux can't find Dropbox/. Strange file
structure in Android, not like Linux.