Alfawise A9 TV box 'media box launcher keeps stopping'
Lucifer
2020-01-11 04:59:04 UTC
Only the box showing that message is on the screen.
How do I reset?
VanguardLH
2020-01-11 06:28:25 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Only the box showing that message is on the screen.
How do I reset?
https://www.alfawise.com/collections/tv-box/products/alfawise-a8-neo-android-9-0-tv-box
Click on the "How to restore TV box back to factory?" FAQ to expand.

You didn't find this when perusing the settings in the device?
Lucifer
2020-01-11 06:45:03 UTC
Post by VanguardLH
Post by Lucifer
Only the box showing that message is on the screen.
How do I reset?
https://www.alfawise.com/collections/tv-box/products/alfawise-a8-neo-android-9-0-tv-box
Click on the "How to restore TV box back to factory?" FAQ to expand.
You didn't find this when perusing the settings in the device?
I don't have access to the setup menu.
Only the box showing the message is on the screen.
VanguardLH
2020-01-11 07:46:10 UTC
Post by Lucifer
Post by VanguardLH
Post by Lucifer
Only the box showing that message is on the screen.
How do I reset?
https://www.alfawise.com/collections/tv-box/products/alfawise-a8-neo-android-9-0-tv-box
Click on the "How to restore TV box back to factory?" FAQ to expand.
You didn't find this when perusing the settings in the device?
I don't have access to the setup menu.
Only the box showing the message is on the screen.
There is no pin-hole in the case to reach a reset button? Instead of
trying to boot into the normal Android OS, do the boot-time reset to get
at the Android recovery menu. This is the same recovery menu with
smartphones, except you use a button combo on the smartphone instead of
a reset button on the TV box.

https://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-factory-reset-or-update-firmware-on-an-android-tv-box.html

Use the e-mails shown on their web site to contact them or whomever was
the retail seller to get an RMA regarding a warranty replacement.
VanguardLH
2020-01-11 07:54:41 UTC
Post by VanguardLH
There is no pin-hole in the case to reach a reset button? Instead of
trying to boot into the normal Android OS, do the boot-time reset to get
at the Android recovery menu. This is the same recovery menu with
smartphones, except you use a button combo on the smartphone instead of
a reset button on the TV box.
https://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-factory-reset-or-update-firmware-on-an-android-tv-box.html
Note: Not all TV boxes have a separate pin hole to access the reset
button. Some place the reset button at the bottom of a pin connector
port.

http://tinyurl.com/seh32b3

Some have the pin hold for reset in the side to top/bottom of the case
instead of in the backplate.

Lucifer
2020-01-11 23:44:04 UTC
Post by VanguardLH
Post by Lucifer
Post by VanguardLH
Post by Lucifer
Only the box showing that message is on the screen.
How do I reset?
https://www.alfawise.com/collections/tv-box/products/alfawise-a8-neo-android-9-0-tv-box
Click on the "How to restore TV box back to factory?" FAQ to expand.
You didn't find this when perusing the settings in the device?
I don't have access to the setup menu.
Only the box showing the message is on the screen.
There is no pin-hole in the case to reach a reset button?
No, but there is a reset button, inside the A/V socket.
I was able to bring up a menu by holding the reset button
in while connecting the power. A cotton bud without the
bud is prefect for pushing the button. I chose factory reset
and it is working again.
VanguardLH
2020-01-12 07:55:14 UTC
Post by VanguardLH
There is no pin-hole in the case to reach a reset button?
No, but there is a reset button, inside the A/V socket. I was able to
bring up a menu by holding the reset button in while connecting the
power. A cotton bud without the bud is prefect for pushing the
button. I chose factory reset and it is working again.
Noted in my reply (to myself) 16 hours earlier. Found searching on
"android tv box reset", as I recall. Had to also do an image search to
see what the article were talking about. Never before ran into the
reset button being accessed through a pin connector port. Weird.

I know Android smartphones have a power-up recovery menu. Figured the
Android TV box did, too. Wonder what was causing the stop error in the
OS. Did you do a flash update recently?
Lucifer
2020-01-18 05:34:07 UTC
Post by VanguardLH
Post by VanguardLH
There is no pin-hole in the case to reach a reset button?
No, but there is a reset button, inside the A/V socket. I was able to
bring up a menu by holding the reset button in while connecting the
power. A cotton bud without the bud is prefect for pushing the
button. I chose factory reset and it is working again.
Noted in my reply (to myself) 16 hours earlier. Found searching on
"android tv box reset", as I recall. Had to also do an image search to
see what the article were talking about. Never before ran into the
reset button being accessed through a pin connector port. Weird.
I know Android smartphones have a power-up recovery menu. Figured the
Android TV box did, too. Wonder what was causing the stop error in the
OS. Did you do a flash update recently?
I had just installed a program called 360eyes.
have an MXPRO tv box that has the reset switch in the same place.